Friday, October 24, 2008

My Birthday

For my Birthday Adam (and the kids) gave me a new set of pots and pans. I have been using second hand, mis-matched dishes since we've been married. So this is my first set of brand new cookware. I love to cook, (most of the time) and so I am very excited to use these. However they are so pretty that I will have to take a few deep breaths before I plunge them into sticky, oily, colorful food, and hard water.

BEFORE:

AFTER:




This is my new candy pot! I asked my mom where I would get a heavy thick pot to make Christmas candy this holiday season. She said she wasn't sure. Then lo and behold, she sent me one for my birthday. Not just any pot, but her pot. She gave me her pot so that I could make candy for my family and feel a little closer to home this Christmas. This is a very secial pot! Thank you Mom! I love it!

2 comments:

Shane and Michelle said...

Wow, that's a very nice stainless steal set you got! It's nice because it comes with a lot of pots and pans. You are going to love it!
That is sweet of your mom to send you the candy pot!

Leah said...

Your pans are so shiny! they look awesome. And how sweet of your mom to send her candy pot. I love it.

I thought it was going to be a before and after picture of them making you dinner. Before the mess and after. LOL!