Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tarantula

A couple of days ago I told Adam that it was funny that we have been living here for pushing 3 years and we had never seen a tarantula out in the wild. I am deathly afraid of spiders so I don't really want to see one, other than to say that we have seen one. Anyway the next morning I was out for a run and came across a dead tarantula being eaten by ants. I had to run about 9 feet around and out into the road to avoid it, just in case it was still alive and wanted to destroy me. :-) I thought to myself "oh good, now I have seen one! We can move from El Paso having seen all that I wanted to". I even sent Adam a text and told him it was time to go, I had seen a tarantula.

Well the very next morning, (today)I was still sleeping and Adam was getting ready for work. He noticed that the cat was fascinated with the sliding glass door and it looked like she wanted to go outside. So he went to the door, opened it and in scurried a huge tarantula!!!!! YIKES!!!!!! Adam came rushing into the bedroom and ripped off my covers and said, "did you say you wanted to see a 'LIVE' tarantula?" I could see by the light in his eyes that he was very serious, so I jumped out of bed and cautiously made my way to the family room where the spider had begun to climb the wall. OMGOSH!!!! It was so scary. The cat kept trying to play with it. I was so scared it would run under something where we couldn't get it. I stood afar off and couldn't stop my nervous marching in place and squealing with terror. We woke up all the kids to show them, (including my brothers who are still visiting for another couple days).

Thankfully Adam captured it and then took it out to the desert where it should live a long full life???? But I did not to be away from him, our protector. We all followed him into the bathroom while he finished shaving and putting in contacts and got his shoes on. I did not want him to go to work this morning. It took a long time for me to relax after my adrenaline rush. I still feel the creepy crawlies and very nervous. I can't believe that disgusting thing just felt like it could walk into my house. If he came in, what else do you think is in here???? We've got to move SOON!!!



3 comments:

Hudson Family said...

sweet job on the blog babe- those are some good pics! Very creepy. Love you!

Lori O said...

first of all, i don't know WHY you'd EVER want to move away from EP!! and second, wildlife is everywhere--we've had a snake and a lizard just in the last two weeks find their way into our house. I think it's b/c we have so many boys!!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Yikes. That thing is huge!