Sunday, June 10, 2012

10K

For Memorial Day I decided to run a 10k race. I wanted something that would push me but wouldn't be as difficult as the half marathon that I ran last year, so a 10k was perfect!!! It was in honor of the fallen soldiers and community heroes, (firefighters, cops, etc.) thought that was a good cause. Anyway, my family was there, which really meant a lot. They had a million places to be that day, and they came to support me. Thanks guys!!! It was a very early cold morning. Perfect for running, but freezing for the spectators. The kids got their faces painted while they waited. So cute!!! I'm not a very fast runner, (can you say tortoise?) but I beat my best time by 3 minutes, so I can't complain. I came in at 1:02. Good for me!!!

1 comment:

natalieandersen07 said...

Why to go! I decided a few weeks ago that I'm going to do a 1/2 marathon. We miss you all but we are sure your loving Utah.