Sunday, January 17, 2010

Faith

Last night I was giving the kids a bath in preparation for today (Sunday). Gabby was already in the tub and was waiting for Lydia to get her bath toys and join her. I was "attentively" sitting in the bathroom reading, not paying attention to every detail of the bath adventure. As Lydia came in and got ready to get in the tub, I heard her say "Faith, faith, believe, believe" as if she were trying to syke herself up. Then she got in the water and quickly yelled to me, "Mom, I have sooo much faith, but I didn't walk on the water!!!" She was very upset that she was unsuccessful in her attempt to walk on the bath water. We had a great discussion about faith and how to increase it.
I am so thankful for sweet angle children that already trust the Lord and are applying his teachings in their lives, even if they're unsuccessful. Have a wonderful Sabbath everyone!

I

3 comments:

Kirst said...

Great story! Definitly one for the journals. I love Lydia, she was always a joy to see in primary because of her love of the gospel. Give her a hug for me!

Sara Rose said...

wow!! isn't it amazing how something so simple with kids turns out to be something so incredible!!! I love being a mother for those moments alone!!!

Leah said...

That is adorable. Love it.