Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving Complications

So we are supposed to be moving to El Paso last week, but we have had complications. Adam's boss at the job in Waco gave him a last minute assignment ti inspect and fix all the automatic doors. He told Adam that he would not be able to move until it was done. In the meantime, I was on my way to El Paso and then up to Utah for my sister's wedding. Adam is still in Waco and will now miss my sister's wedding because he is not allowed to leave. Sad huh? Needless to say that this has been a major bummer for our family. We have never been apart this long before, and I am very homesick for him.

The kids and I are now in Utah. We found a house in El Paso while we were there, but it is going to take about 6 weeks for it to close, and so now we are technically homeless for 45 days. So it looks like the kids and I will be staying here in Utah until our house goes through, which means that it will be FOREVER until we see Adam again. I do not like our family being apart this much. The cool thing is, there are so many forms of communication; phone calls, texting, email and (thanks to the Workmans) the web-cam. We get to talk to each other several times throughout the day. So that is a comfort. Anyway, that is the update of the Hudson Family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always hard to be away from your hubby. Not to mention living out of a suitcase with kids. I hope it goes by fast for you. And you can settle back into your routine life. What sister is getting Married? Lacey?

Sara Rose said...

Oh ange!! I am so sorry! That is awful not to be closer to eachother!! Thank goodness for technolgy! Say hi to the fam for me! your family is so beautiful!!!

Leah said...

So frustrating. I was away from Zeb for 2 weeks and I was dying. I have been so spoiled to hardly ever be apart from him. Good luck and I'll pray your house goes through sooner! ;)

Karol said...

Hey Angie! A few months ago Amber sent over her family’s blogs and I finally got around to checking them out and ran into yours – hope it’s okay to check in on ya once and a while! It was a nice having you around in the 17th ward for that little bit – Anna even wanted to call Lydia over to play yesterday. :) Good luck with the transition of everything. Your children are beautiful!!